Monday 15 December 2008

Your Help.

Hello !

On January 7th I am due to hand in my thesis, and will finally become a Mistress of Science ( an MSc qualification in Psychology that I have been studying part time for the last 2 years ), unleashed into the real world to hopefully start applying some of my academic study into useful and meaningful constructs for everyone!

I have been doing a very in-depth qualitative study about sexual expression with a relatively small number of participants, using Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis as my means of reading the data, however to add a different depth and perspective to my study I thought I may add another survey to widen my sample of participants.  I haven't run this through the ethics committee ( oops ! ;-) ) or asked my tutor about this, but I did think it might be enlightening, revealing, helpful, IMPORTANT even...to ask all of you to participate should you have the time.

I've set up a 10 question online survey that will take no more than 15 minutes, and all data is anonymous. It is a bit basic and very condensed from my full blown questions as I don't have a Survey Monkey account and had to narrow them down to 10, so apologies if they are a bit wordy and crammed!!

If you are at all curious about my study, or if you'd like to participate, then please just click on the link below and I will be very very  grateful!

Many thanks,

Olivia
X

One person out of those that have been kind enough to do the survey expressed concern about the ethics issue. Since posting this I have had a meeting with my tutor and because the questions are a part of my wider research they are validated by my original application to the ethics committee.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=EBijsUYJtsiw7rhIE6c_2fLg_3d_3d

13 comments:

Pandora Blake said...

I've just filled it out - rather inarticulately I'm afraid! Hope it's helpful :)

Anonymous said...

I completed your questionaire. Very good questions certainly thought provoking. Would love to see the finished work from the info gleaned. Glad to help you
Ciao
I Gal

OliviaManners said...

Thank you both, and to all those that have filled it out.

Olivia
x

P.s. I Gal, I'll let you know when it is finished and see if I can send you something ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've had a go! Would love to see the results when they are available. Good luck and well done!

OliviaManners said...

Thank you slowsong, it is very much appreciated!

Greenwoman said...

HI there...Sorry it took me a little while getting over here to fill out the form. I think I still owe you a plug for it to now I think on it. I'll do that right now. *smiles*

Happy Holidays Olivia. ((big hugs))

kirana said...

I just put my two cents in. Being invested in this field as well, i hope you obtain the results and input you need to complete your thesis!!
All my best,
toy

OliviaManners said...

Shannee and DL

Thank you both for taking part!

Shannee, happy holidays to you too :-)

Olivia
x

Anonymous said...

I've just added my questionnaire to your pile, and I agree with others, very thought provoking. Good luck with the thesis.

OliviaManners said...

M:e

Thank you!!

Olivia
x

Anonymous said...

Olivia
I finally managed to fill out your questionaire. It was very thought provoking. Good luck with your Thesis.
Andrades

OliviaManners said...

Thanks Andrades!

I've been really overwhelmed by how many people have responded.

Thank you! Thank you!

Olivia
x

Tiggs said...

Don't know how much help I was... this brought up many more questions for me than the ten great ones that you asked. But I gave it my best!

But the very best part was discovering your blog!

Hugs,
Tiggs