Tuesday 27 May 2008

School knickers are finally put away....

as my essay is done!...but I still find myself wearing the strangest underwear...tennis knickers!
I could probably write a whole blog just on knickers and why I choose the ones I do each day, or how often I find I don't have a choice about what knickers I wear, but I rather like that.... anyway, I doubt that is of very much interest to anyone at all :)

What WAS interesting last week was the evening I spent attending a workshop run by Dossie Easton. Dossie is the co-author of a book that was mentioned to me a few years back, The Ethical Slut, a book that influenced my life in various ways as I have grown to feel more comfortable with wanting less traditional relationships in my life. 

Quite characteristically of me,I didn't actually read what the workshop was about but just knew I'd like to meet Dossie and hear some more of her words and thinking. The email I received following my booking did then come as a bit of a surprise...

" Radical Ecstasy..... This workshop is strictly " panties" on, participants may go topless if they wish..."..

I'd thought I was attending a literary type workshop with some discussion! So it was with some trepidation but also curious excitement and nerves, and some reassuring words from my Disciplinarian, that I arrived at the workshop.

The next 3 hours were an absolutely amazing experience and one that I shall be repeating in much more depth for a whole weekend with Dossie in September. 

Below is Dossie's description of what Radical Ecstasy is:

"We are planning a journey into the intersection of BDSM and Tantra, which I and my co-author Janet Hardy have written about in our book Radical Ecstasy. We will start with basic exercises, breath and safety, and then move onto connection and ecstatic practice, with exercises that incorporate SM or D/s and tools from Tantra practice and elsewhere. Genital sex will in no way be required during the workshop, our focus will be much more on energy, connection and transcendent states of consciousness. "

My own experiences of D/s, which are quite minimal, have often felt like they have been teetering on an intersection between sexuality and spirituality, and I certainly believe that when I am held across my Disciplinarians knee after a very thorough hand spanking, or have been caned beyond a point of pain, that I have felt something that I could only describe as ecstasy, a really clear and generously flowing energy, from the roots of a very deep connection.. but it was thrilling and really special to feel something not dissimilar to that within a whole room full of people.

I have done lots of meditation and even trained as a chakra energy healer last year, but the exercises in this workshop roused a completely different energy. Sexual energy! ( or life energy as I believe it to be ).  The room was alive and loving, and my whole body felt like it was continually being wrapped up in an overly enthusiastic electric blanket....
and it was full of laughter too. Dossie was great at not taking any of this too seriously, something I welcome having been to several BDSM nights where the dungeons and floggers just seem to impart seriousness! 

I met 2 lovely women who offered me a visit to their 13 strong polyamourous community in the North of England where they'd be happy to introduce me to some strict female Discipline, and I have some great new techniques that I look forward to trying out whilst being spanked, as I am sure that there is a connection between a warm and sore bottom and spiritual ecstasy :)

For more about Dossie and her touring workshops go to www.dossieeaston.com.
I would highly recommend attending one!
And I kept all of my clothes on and so did everyone else :)

Olivia
X



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think knickers (panties in my world) are very important! (You mentioned nobody would be interested.) I love it when he chooses for me. Of course, he tends to choose none at all!

Good luck with the blog.
Maryann

OliviaManners said...

Thank you for the comment Maryann and for the wishes of luck :)

And thank you for understanding how important knickers are - I wrote quite a long reply to Bonnie's Sunday Brunch question about knickers a few weeks back and they really have come to be symbolic of so many things in my relationship with my Disciplinarian.

I love him asking what knickers I am wearing every day, and I do love it when he is very explicit about which ones he wants me to wear even though now he doesn't always need to say as I do just know!

Bye for now,

Olivia X

Kimberley said...

I think School Knickers are very important and sexy.I always wear a Pair of thick cotton Navy Blue Knickers,Bottle Green or Maroon with a double back panel for extra protection when I am being caned or tawsed.Afterwards I love the
feel of the soft cotton against my
striped bottom,Stinging bottom,and the firm elasticated legbands gripping my thighs.

Happy spanking

Kimberley