Tuesday 27 January 2009

Happy News & something else.



Firstly I wanted to say thank you again to everyone who contributed to my thesis. My course leader contacted me at the weekend to let me know I'd passed and that the study would be being published as well as hopefully receiving some funding to take it further. I didn't want to presume anyone was interested enough to make an announcement as such, but I also didn't want to not acknowledge all of your help and insights.

So, that was a happy moment. And the beginning of more happy moments I hope.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say though that Paul was a core participant in my study and I'm not sure what our telephone interview and the analysis of his data ( which I now know of course is full of untruths ) means for the validity of the results!  

In terms of commenting on that situation I've just stayed quiet. Not because I don't have some pretty strong opinions about it, but because firstly, I don't know all of the facts and secondly because I've been in a situation where I have not been honest with someone, misleading even, and whether the intention was to hurt or not, I did hurt them, so I feel that I am in no place to judge.

All I do want to say is that what I write here is not fiction. Unless I call it a vignette or story of course!
And what I have learnt over the past few years in cyber-land ( blogging and chat rooms ) is that it is very important to me to know that people are real and who they say they are. I can still value simple fantasy exchanges, experience the real time emotions/ arousal, enjoy the imagining etc, but for me to invest time and energy in to any thing that is virtual then truth and realness is central to that.
My way around this is to make things as real as possible. My favourite bloggers in this community all know my real name and have access to my real life professional website etc, in the past few months I've met at least 6 people from this community ( JFlame being one of them and I am so sorry that she is hurting ) and there are a few of those that are now real friends in real life with whom I meet regularly. I know it is not possible for everyone to be revealing of their real identities, or may be possible but is simply not their choice, both of which I understand and respect, I suppose I just wanted to share with people here my positive experiences of this community, which is full of real lovely people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been quite quiet recently.
Riding the horse I guess ( in relation to my last post ) and in regards that aspect of my life I'd say the horse and its mount are both on track!

There are other things though that are just not aligned.
I have to write this as some abstract thought bubble as it is the only way I can free the words starkly on to the page...


"Loving a man, deeply caring about a man, sharing the most intimate things with that man, discovering new things together, learning and growing and understanding through friendship and love with that man, smiling and playing and exploring with that man, being brought alive, being touched, being held, feeling vulnerable and tender with that man. Blossoming, flourishing, feeling vital with that man. And also just a simple love. A very simple almost elemental love. 
Not listening fully to those voices in my head that try and press against the fluttering in my heart, not wanting to face fully the reality or the pain of that, knowing that something that is full of so much honesty is also borne and still exists within so much dishonesty. Swallowing that unwanted taste. Feeling frustrated, feeling a failure that I still sometimes have the word " not enough" in my vocabulary. Knowing that the word " enough" is not what I really mean, but knowing that there is something that is not fully being brought to the surface in me that needs to be. And knowing more and more that it is a need. Feeling full of disappointment in myself that I can't just be grateful , just feel blessed to have what is there, which is so full of so many joyful and powerful and deeply touching things."




Letting go. Not letting go.
Acknowledging that need and being able to just be with it rather than see it as something that is missing or lacking.
Keep twirling with the good things, spinning and buzzing and being carried away. Being still, being held by that simple exchange in our eyes, being softened and calmed by those words, being enveloped in those arms full of love. Holding him in my arms.

Or letting go, and watching the colour drain from my life.



Northern Lad. By Tori Amos.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Olivia:
Wow your post is filled with so many different concepts. But I want to first say Congratulations on your Thesis..that is Fantastic.
I for one have been on the quieter side on my blog, the pain and the uproar has really affected me, although I think I am finally feeling better.
I tried to post about myself, in the most honest way that I can, and still feel safe. And when I could not do that then I posted fantasies. I try to keep them separate and label them so it is clear, which is about my "daily" life and which is my fantasy or story world.
I also struggle with the "not enough" in my life and it zaps my energy. It's hard to stop the "snowball effect" from those thoughts. Finding an in-road to gratitude is very helpful even if its the small stuff. I find your insights very enlightening and helpful for my own growth.
Take care,
Andrades Girl

Anonymous said...

Dear Olivia,
Amazing post. Thank you. Congratulations on your wonderful success with your thesis! Published, wow! Good for you.
Maryann

Greenwoman said...

Congratulations my dear. *grins* I'm very happy for you.

I appreciate all you had to say about the situation with Paul. You are kind and clear...and deeply respectful.

Well done.

It sounds like some decisions may be ahead of your Olivia. I'm very sympathetic to that dilemma. Its a very hard road. Just sending you some warmth and some sunshine. there's lots of it here today. Blessings...and big hugs.

Mr.C. said...

Congratulations Olivia!

I shall raise a glass to your present and future success.

As for the rest, I can only send you sincere wishes for your happiness.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news about the thesis.....you must be thrilled...and possible funding to take things further too!!

Congratulations.

love and hugs xxx

Eliane said...

I've been doing the happy dance all day about the thesis :-)
And I understand where you are coming from on the other stuff. You will find away through though, I'm sure. It might be a long and convoluted way, but I'm sure you will get there :-)
E

Anonymous said...

Superb achievement! ~ A vindication of all your hard work and a result for which you can feel justifiably proud. So I guess you can now legitimately analyse everyone you meet "unleashed into the real world to hopefully start applying some of my academic study into useful and meaningful constructs for everyone!"?...Heaven help us!
Joking apart the commentary on love was especially poignant and struck a chord with me (albeit a rather discordant one).

Brambleberry Blush said...

Olivia~

Please allow me to add my congratulations--a wonderful accomplishment!

There is much to be said for compassion and understanding in these difficult situations.

I wish you all the best.

Carly

Moi said...

Congratulations on a stellar achievment!

ronnie said...

Hello Olivia, great post.
Sending my congratulations, wonderful result for you :)
Ronnie
xx

OliviaManners said...

Andrades

Thank you for the congratulations. I'm planning to stop by and read all your stories with the time that they deserve over the weekend. And I can really understand why that felt the safest thing to do whilst things settled.
I really appreciate your coming by here.
Olivia
x

Maryann

Thank you so much, it is always lovely to hear from you.
Olivia
x

Shannee

* smiles *
Thank you, and you know, I can feel your warmth, I've really felt that for some time now.
I feel lucky for that and I'm always sending some back to you.
Olivia
x

Mr.C.

* chinks your glass *
Thank you!
And thank you too for your wishes, I really appreciate your sincerity and I can feel that as something very solid and strength giving.
My best regards to you and to Constance.
Olivia
x

M:e

Thank you so much, I am really glad to see you here.
Olivia
x

Eliane

Thank you for everything.
* smiles *
Olivia
x

Boxa57

You are right " heaven help you" ! I already analyse way too much, my goal is to stop doing that, not do more!! Or maybe analyse in a different way ;-)
Love has a lot of chords ;-)
I'd be curious to know in what way it was discordant.
Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy your comments.
Olivia
x


Carly

Thank you so much! I was very lucky to have such an amazing course leader, and lots of people inspiring me and supporting me along the way.

It is lovely to see you here too...Miss Great Taste in Pictures :-)
Olivia
x

Gilette

Thank you, I am really warmed by people's comments here.
It sounds like you have some exciting times imminent ;-)
Olivia
x

Ronnie

And I am sending you my thanks. Really appreciated.
Olivia
x

Constance said...

Dear Olivia,

Completeting your thesis is a wonderful accomplishment, particularly considering everything else you do as well, and you are to be congratulated!

Well done!

love,
Constance

OliviaManners said...

Constance

Thank you so much!
It is always lovely to hear from you.
I'll be smiling for the rest of the day now.

Olivia
x