Friday 25 April 2008

About time

I feel rather naughty starting this blog and not having contributed at all to any of the blogs for the various people I do professional work with, despite their requests. However this blog feels the most natural way to start practicing blogging as it is at the core of who I am.

It would be easy to let that nervous and annoyingly self-conscious voice in my head stop me - it is there now saying " you can't write", " you have nothing interesting to say", " there are already a million and one other blogs", so I just tried to throw that voice a look ( a little like the look I gave my Disciplinarian a few weeks ago when he kept insisting I look in the mirror to re-tie my school tie properly ) and now that the voice is quiet for a moment I can say back to it..

"Maybe it is not important that it IS different but I know that what makes it different is that it is me. I really am not a great writer, but I do have a story and an imagination, and experiences to share that I hope will be both useful to others and make them smile. "

No comments: